Monday, June 15, 2009

Reading the Gospel of John

This past week, I spent time reading through the Gospel of John with a group of people in one sitting. It took about two and half hours. Here are a few observations:

There is something good about hearing the scriptures read out loud.
There is something good about reading the scriptures with others.
There are a lot of things you notice when you read a whole book at a time.
There is something priceless about hearing your kids want to read the scriptures with you.
I spend too much time reading other books in comparison to THE book.
Too often, I find things that are trivial to do when I could be redeeming the time.
I highly recommend having a Bible reading party.

Thanks Lisa, Shayna, Joshua, Matthew, James, Marcus, and Lamar for sharing this experience with me.

2 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Kevin. I hope to address the issue your raised--it's a good one.

A Bible reading party is an AWESOME idea. I'm going to find a way to make it happen.

Have a great day!

KG said...

Marla,
I appreciate the way that Gabe and you express your heart through writing.

People need to see that others struggle, but are passionately attempting follow Jesus.

Keep running the race.