Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A beautiful bride

I love the church.

The Bible refers to the church as the bride of Christ

I once heard Don Davis say "if the church ain't your momma, then God ain't your daddy"

So many today, claim to love God, but they are always upset with the church. I feel that often Satan gets our focus on the fallen nature of the people in the church and takes our eyes off of the beauty of God's grace in those individuals. God bringing his chosen people together is a beautiful thing. We should not miss the beauty of the bride.

I admit it is not always easy to be the church, or live out church, or even to live with the church. We need to focus on the beauty of this bride instead of always wanting to spotlight all it's faults.

I thank God for allowing me to be a part of Lighthouse Christian Fellowship. We are far from perfect, but we are a reflection of the far reaching grace of God. And I'm sure that in His sight we are beautiful.




How do you feel about church?

No comments: