Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Parenting

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Last night I was sitting with my children, explaining to them some things about the Bible and who God is. My older children had a comment and a question for everything I said, but my youngest son Matthew, who is not yet three, kept standing up, climbing on them, and trying to get our attention.

I was holding a Bible and asked him "What is this book?"

He said "God's Word".

He knew what we had been talking about. Maybe not every detail, but a lot.
Training our children starts early. Children are learning things from a very early age and we need to take seriously the responsibility of teaching them and also the life that we model for them.

What are some ways that we can teach our children?

No comments: