Monday, April 20, 2009

Gratefulness

Yesterday at church, we were challenged by Deshaun to be thankful. I know that this is something that I consistently feel God calling me to. This is also something that Lisa and I have been teaching our children over and over again.

I don't like it when children whine and complain about every little thing. Unfortunately, my children are still learning in this area. The sad thing is that many adults have this same problem. They always see the cup as half empty. They always see the 5% that is wrong instead of the 95% that is going well.

What a miserable life they have chosen for themselves.

One of the things that Deshaun said yesterday was that many people like to "compare and complain". He pointed out that often people look at others and complain about how their life could be better. He also pointed us to three things to be thankful for: relationships, our church, and our salvation.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: