Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fundraising


It is a challenge asking people for money. I started PURSUE to support Christian young people who wanted to go to college. I wanted to see those who wanted to stand behind urban young people have a pathway to do that. I have found that people believe in this goal. The difficult thing for me is asking people to give.
I have never liked fundraising. I do it because I want to see networks built. I want those who can help to connect with those who need that support. I like seeing the church work like it was designed to.
I am trying to match a grant by the end of this month to help fund our scholarships. It has been challenging, but every time someone commits to giving I am encouraged.
I thank God for the generousity of His people.
Does anyone have some good advice on fundraising?

No comments: