Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friendship

I thank God for the gift of friendship.

I spent yesterday in Lima, OH where I grew up. I spent time catching up with several friends that I went to high school with. I rarely see these people since I haven't been back to Lima in years, but they are still valued friends.

Right now, I am in Panera bread in Dayton, OH waiting to see a friend from college. I haven't seen him since his wedding many years ago.

Everywhere that God has taken me in life, He has blessed me with friends. I hope that I have also been a good friend to others. Having a family now, it takes more effort to establish and maintain friendships. I hope that in the time that I have, I value people more than my wants, my desires, and my agenda. That is a lot of being a friend. Thinking of others.

What kind of friend are you? What are ways to be a good friend to others?

No comments: