Monday, July 7, 2008

Seeking to learn

I have appreciated Dawn Turner Trice as a columnist for the Chicago Tribune. She has been facilitating a dialogue on race through the Chicago Tribune website and through her newspaper column. Today she posted some questions for dialogue. I am always working hard to be a learner of how to better relate to people who are not like me. Trice is one writer who can be helpful to me in that process.

I also appreciate reading Ed Gilbreath's Reconciliation Blog. He too pushes for people (especially Christians) to learn how to better relate to each other. This spot has been a great learning place for me as well.

As much as these places and numerous books and articles are helpful, the place that I learn the most is from my friends. Through getting to know people who are different than me, I have learned so much about myself and the world.

I have a lot to learn, but I am enjoying the journey.
What do you do to learn how to better relate to people? Who do you learn from?

No comments: